Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Head and The Heart take RVA

The indie folk band played The National this past Monday and Tuesday, June 2nd and 3rd, with opening band Lucius. The band started off in RVA at Plan 9 Music in Carytown for an intimate acoustic set that was free and open to the public. As much as I wanted to catch this set, I decided to just head over to The Nat for their full show...which I'm so glad I did! They share a similar sound with popular bands such as The Lumineers, Blind Pilot, and the Civil Wars but have their own unique Americana sound with the two lead male guitarists/vocalists and female violinist/back up vocalist. I left the show with their set list in hand that featured songs from their self titled 'The Head and The Heart' album as well as their successful sophomore album, 'Let's Be Still'.

opening band, Lucius 

Ran into THaTH member, Josiah Johnson, walking down Broad after the show



No comments:

Post a Comment