Friday, April 11, 2014

Interview with AFO student Jordan Kantor


M: How does VCUarts compare with other nationally ranked art schools?
J: VCUarts is ranked the #1 public arts university in the US.

M:What was the most challenging obstacle you had to face in AFO?
J: Time management. I had to decide whether or not I had time for certain social activities in order to    complete my assignments on time.

M: What class, assignment, or project did you most enjoy working on?
J: Oil painting in my surface class last semester, because it was what I was used to working with and I hadn't used oils in a while at the time.

M: What major did you get into? What are you most looking forward to in your future within VCUarts?
J: Painting + Printmaking. I'm most looking forward to learning how I can manipulate different mediums in the best way and learning how creative skills can apply to my studio work and other endeavors in the future.

M: Endeavors?
J: faux finishing, murals, micropigmentation: permanent makeup and scar modifications.

-oil painting
-most recent piece, charcoal

Thank you Jordan and congratulations on your acceptance into painting+printmaking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment